About the RMIT Outdoors Club
The RMIT Outdoors Club runs regular trips in a large range of outdoor activities. We are one of the largest and most active clubs at RMIT University.
The Outdoors club offers many activities Bushwalking, Rock Climbing, Cross Country and Backcountry Skiing, Mountain Biking, Caving, Kayaking and Rafting, Orienteering and Rogaining, Wildlife Watching, Mountaineering, Adventure Racing and regular Social events. There are trips running most weekends during semester and extended trips during the Uni holidays and long weekends. Mega-trips are run over summer for the keen and more adventurous.
Check out our calendar to find out what trips are coming up. We have a huge range of equipment available for hire by our club members. Just about any equipment you could hire for any of our activities can be hired from the club gear room. Most hire gear is also available for personal trips provided it’s not required at the time by a club trip. Gear hire is available from the club gear room and the hire rates are incredibly cheap – we only charge a small amount to cover gear maintenance and repair.
Our large member base is balanced between beginners and those experienced members who have been there and done that - everywhere! We also attract a number of exchange students from all over the world, who inject plenty of spice into the club. If you're interested in joining, the more the merrier!
Being a club, everything from organising and running trips to managing the gear room to keeping the website up is handled entirely by our members, for our members. The budget is for organisation purposes only, there is no profit except for what is passed on to next year, and every single person you encounter doing anything for the club is a volunteer doing what they love, because they love it.
Benefits of club membership:
- Sign up for any number of trips to many varied and exciting locations.
- Incredibly cheap gear hire! As a member you will have access to a large range of hire equipment.
- Discounts from various climbing gyms and outdoors shops.
- Subsidies on training courses that are related to any of our activities.
- Free insurance while on club trips.
- We have a large library of maps and guidebooks to help you plan your upcoming adventures. The library is located in the club gear room.
- Meet with similarly outdoor crazed friends.
- Organise and run your own trips with club guidance and gear!
If you haven't seen it yet, you can download a copy of the club flyer